Thursday 7 June 2007

Blighty bound!

Well, its Thursday today - Andrew, Sue, Jessica, Max and Charlie arrive at Heathrow this evening around 7 o'clock.

Andrew called from Dubai a few minutes ago - they did a one-day/night stopover there to break the journey - and said they were about to board the Emirates flight to London, so I guess by now they'll be airborne!

They're coming over to attend Andy and Karen's wedding this Saturday at Cookham; I've been asked to act as Chauffeur to the Bride and her Daddy, so I feel very proud too! Karen has always liked my lovely silver BMW (almost as much as I do!) and asked me some time ago if she could 'borrow' it and me!! So tomorrow I'm getting it ready for her with a super-duper valeting both inside and out: I'm sure it will look and smell like new!!

So this evening Shirley and I will be 'decamping' to a local hotel, leaving our place to Andrew, Sue and the kids for a couple of days - hopefully it wont get trashed too much in two days!! And then after the wedding they are going to borrow Andy and Karen's house and cars while they are on their Honeymoon - cool huh?

Andrew and Sue will be in the UK for just over a week and I'm sure it will be 'action-packed' with visiting friends and catching up with everyone so we probably wont see too much of them - except of course we've been asked to babysit this Friday evening! Some things never ever do change do they!?

We have a 'family' day reserved for next Saturday, the day before they leave, when Clare, John and the boys will come down from Yorkshire and Shirley's Dad Harold and Step-mother Winnie will all gather together here - that's six adults, two teenage boys, two children of 4 and 2 and baby Charlie! I think we're planning to go out somewhere where the children can run around!!

It will be a busy day I expect but very nice to get everyone together - a rare event!

Oh and here's something - totally unconnected!

Question: What is now Britain's 2nd most poular boys name - that is in 2006?

Ok, here's a clue; Jack is No. 1 and Thomas, Joshua and Oliver, Harry, James, William and Samuel are there in the top-ten too. So is Daniel and Charlie of course.................but who on earth is at No. 2??

No idea, huh?

Well it's:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Muhammad!

I'm now speechless!!